Sunday, February 18, 2024

I’m back! Some Krofft news

  It’s been several years since I last wrote on The Bugaloos portion of this blog and Puppies! 


A few updates so far in the 2020’s some of which are good and a few are sad!


The good stuff 

September 12, 2020 for the 50th Anniversary for The Bugaloos I got to participate for the 50th Anniversary in a Zoom reunion chat with some of the band members/cast members and creator Sid Krofft along with a few Bugaloos fans. It was a incredible experience and it was a joy seeing Caroline Ellis on my iPhone screen along with John Philpott, Joy Campbell McKenzie and Wayne Laryea’s sister Vilma and Sid Krofft, unfortunately Wayne Laryea wasn’t able to attend but he did send a message which was nice. Big John Mcindoe and Sharon Baird were supposed to attend but had zoom trouble and were unable to make it. The cast told stories. Sid Krofft also amused us with stories of his career. 

On my birthday in 2021 one of my good Krofft/Bugaloos fans sent me all four of The Bugaloos autographs, and I also received that Christmas a Sparky firefly plush from one of the Bugaloos actors Wayne Laryea and his sister Vilma along with a handwritten note and a Christmas card. I was so touched

In May 21 2022 I attended the first ever Krofft Kon at Orinda California and met briefly both Sid and Marty Krofft. Sid and Marty were kind enough to sign some autographs for me. I also met one of Marty’s daughters. My brothers also attended and it was one of the highlights of 2022. Sharon Baird attended the convention but I didn’t get a chance to say hi she had too many people at her table. Caroline Ellis zoomed at the event from Spain and everyone at the convention cheered.

Sadly on November 25 2023 Marty Krofft passed away from kidney failure. He is very much missed and will be remembered as one of the creators of so many Krofft shows. 

It is now 2024 and the Krofft shows including The Bugaloos are available to stream on the Roku Channel, Cineverse, Tubi TV, Midnight Pulp and the Dove Channel. Tubi TV, Cineverse and Roku Channel are free to watch for anyone interested. One of the complaints for the free streaming is the commercials but I see it as the price you pay to watch for free. Midnight Pulp and Dove Channel both require payment subscriptions. 

I’m not sure if there will be another Krofft Kon this year but one can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment