Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters reboot is fantastic, looking forward to The Bugaloos reboot

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters was a popular kids show created by Sid and Marty Krofft. The Kroffts are also known for creating H.R. Pufnstuf, Lidsville, Land Of The Lost, The Krofft Supershow and The Bugaloos.

After having watched all seven Sigmund episodes on Amazon Prime, I am actually giving this show a seal of approval. It's a cute modern approach update to the original series. Instead of a living with a housekeeper, Johnny and Scott are spending the summer with their aunt and cousin when they discover Sigmund. Sigmund's sea monster family are not as mean as in the original show and there is a villain this time around with Captain Barnabas.

The kids themselves are very cute, and I liked the actors portraying them. David Arquette plays a fantastic villain and I am just blown away with the visuals, I like Sigmund and Blurp and Slurp and also the cameos of Johnny Whittaker (who later becomes a recurring character in the remaining 6 episodes) and Sid and Marty Krofft I think Scott Kolden made an appearance in an episode.

The new show is very cute and surprisingly they did a great job. They made the magic of the Krofft remain in the updated version. I also liked the trivia with Billy Barty's son visiting the set. I hope there will be a second season of Sigmund.

Now I can relax and know the new Bugaloos reboot is in good hands, The Kroffts obviously know what they are doing and I'm looking forward to watching the new Bugaloos grow up and have new adventures, and of course I am hoping for cameos with the originals.

5/5 stars for Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

Here's hoping for a Bugaloos pilot pick up and a second season of Sigmund








No comments:

Post a Comment